Uugh. I hate being sick. Especially stomach flu, it’s the worst! Since all I’ve been able to eat these past days has been either nothing or mac&cheese from a box I decided to post one of my favorite get-go recipes: my Mexican dish.
The recipe is very simple, and the ingredients are cheap and probably mostly laying around the house anyway, so, here we go!
300-500 gr. ground beef
1 clove of garlic
1 or 2 bags of grated cheese
approx. 150 gr. beans (we use broad beans (google translate, don’t fail me now!))
2 bags of Doritos plain tortilla chips
1 can of black olives
1.Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350°F) and cut the garlic and onion into small pieces.
2.Fruit the onions and garlic and then add the meat.
3.While the meat is on the stove, open the can of olives and cut the olives in half.
You can spice the meat as spicy or bland as you want, this dish can take it all! If you’re going for a more bland approach (nothing wrong with that) you can use just salt, pepper and maybe a dash of dried basil. Wanting something more spicy? Salt, pepper and maybe some paprika powder and sambal should do the trick.
4. Right before the meat is done, add the beans.
5. Once the meat is done, turn off the stove and pour the meat (including the juices) into the oven dish.
6. Layer some grated cheese over the meat, some chips over this layer of cheese and then another layer of cheese over the chips.
7. After everything has been layered, put the olives on the top layer of cheese.
8. Put in the oven for 10 minutes or till the cheese has started to melt.
This is one of the easiest dishes to make, but you can also experiment a lot! Try to add some salsa dip or other beans. We’ve tried pretty much everything that sounded remotely good. Easy dish (and great before nights out!)